Awareness Week on Alcohol related Harm 2017
The aim of the Awareness Week on Alcohol related Harm is to raise Awareness among EU policymakers of the harms caused by alcohol.
AWARH 2017 will be held from 20th to 24th November 2017.
This year’s theme is: “Alcohol and Cancer”
Three steps can be taken to improve the AVMSD:
- Minimise young people’s exposure to marketing of health-harmful products
- Exclude alcohol and food high in fat, sugar and salt (HFSS) from products placement and sponsorship
- Ensure that Member States can effectively limit broadcast from other countries on public health grounds
The AWARH partners call on Members of the European Parliament to grasp this opportunity and improve the Directive
What can you do?
Join us today and support AWARH 2017:
- Show your support for AWARH’17 through the Thunderclap Campaign (coming soon)
- Send a letter to your national policymakers asking them to commit to do more against alcohol-related harm in their country and in Europe.
- Organise a national event on the week of 20th November and apply for endorsement by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tweet your support for the AWARH 2017 and tell us why tackling alcohol-related harm is important to you by using the hashtag: #AWARH17
- Share with your friends the AWARH’17 partners and policy-makers interviews about alcohol-related harm
- Register to attend the meetings in Brussels and sign-up to the regular updates AWARH’17 here: email@example.com
© 2017 AWARH
Awareness Week on Alcohol Related Harm