Awareness Week on Alcohol Related Harm 2016
The aim of the Awareness Week on Alcohol Related Harm (AWARH) is to raise Awareness among EU policymakers of the harm caused by alcohol.
AWARH 2016 will be held from 21st to 25th November 2016.
This year’s theme is: Alcohol: A Cross-Border Health Determinant
Three steps can be taken to improve the AVMSD:
- Minimise young people’s exposure to marketing of health-harmful products
- Exclude alcohol and food high in fat, sugar and salt (HFSS) from product placement and sponsorship
- Ensure that Member States can effectively limit broadcasts from other countries on public health grounds
The AWARH partners call on Members of the European Parliament
to grasp this opportunity and improve the Directive.
What can you do?
Join us today and support AWARH 2016:
- Show your support for AWARH’16 through the Thunderclap campaign
- Send a letter to your national policymakers asking them to commit to do more against alcohol-related harm in their country and in Europe.
- Organise a national event on the week of 21st November and apply for endorsement by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tweet your support for the AWARH 2016 and tell us why tackling alcohol-related harm is important to you by using the hashtag: #AWARH16
- Share with your friends the AWARH’16 partners and policy-makers interviews about alcohol-related harm
- Register to attend the upcoming 7th European Alcohol Policy Conference and sign-up to the regular updates AWARH’16 here: email@example.com
© 2016 AWARH
Awareness Week on Alcohol Related Harm
Awareness Week on Alcohol related Harm